The following represents supplementary notes and links associated with topics and sources referenced during the course of the Wizard of Monadnock Radio Hour’s second episode, released last week. If you haven’t heard the episode yet – I mean, why the hell not? – check out one of the links below, and be sure to subscribe so new episodes come straight to you without me having to bother you about it.
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wizard-monadnock-radio-hour/id1166416365?mt=2
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/wizard-of-monadnock/what-a-time-to-be-alive
This, of course, refers to the epic and powerful Grateful Dead song discussed briefly during the show.
- You can find my previous thoughts on this song here – although I’ll say I still need to add to it at some point.
- Annotated lyrics from The Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics
- Just one incredible version from the late 70s – I encourage you to start here, but don’t stop here:
The Contemporaneous Post
The Cathedral of the Pines
The official website of the barely-disguised heathen temple to Mount Monadncok is here. Google-Fu gets you plenty of images if you’re craving more.
My Shameful Declaration
My Equally Shameful Replacement
- “Mr. Trumpet” by Ketsa
- “Own World” by Ketsa
- “Mysterytations” by Cosmic Analog Ensemble
- “Hugo” by Mystic Morrison Visions
I’ve been lazy – and celebrating – and busy – but the detailed, visual photo journey of the mystical Monadnock hike described in this episode will be available in the next week or two.
And so will episode three! WITH GUESTS.